4th of July Special
- Come celibate Independence Day in Mendocino. Stay in any room 3 nights at full rate and your next two nights are free!
Then on July 4th come join us for our 4th of July BBQ and have the best seats to watch the parade in all its small town silliness march right down Main Street in Mendocino!
Mendocino Art Center's The Stussy Retrospective Exhibit: Significant Content
- Representative painting, drawing and graphic artworks by Jan Stussy (1921-1990), from the archives of the Jan Stussy Foundation of Woodbury University, accompanied by bronze, wooden and ceramic sculptures created by Maxine Kim Stussy.
Mendocino Sea Kayak Weekend
- Enjoy a mystical journey on the Mendocino Coast in a sea kayak. Paddle into sea caves, meander through rock gardens, explore secluded beaches, be intrigued by marine wildlife, and inspired by rugged beauty with the local kayak experts of Liquid Fusion Kayaking. Saturday is a class to hone your skills for paddling in the rock gardens and Sunday is a 1/2 day tour. Space is limited and previous sea kayak experience is necessary. Call Cate or Jeff for more information.
Mendocino Coast Marketplace
- Old fashioned, outdoor, country & flea market. Every Saturday & Sunday, all year round. weather permiting, from 10:00 am.
MENDOCINO MUSIC FESTIVAL: Turtle Island Quartet
- Turtle Island Quartet has no fear! The state of the art has inevitably been redefined.
Take a Turtle Island journey through Latin America, India, Europe, and the U.S. via musical genres jazz, classical, bluegrass, swing, be-bop, funk, rhythm & blues, hip hop, and folk. TIQ’s repertoire consists of hundreds of ingenious arrangements and originals.
Most recently TIQ has delved into the music of rock icon Jimi Hendrix and his landmark album Electric Ladyland.
Since its inception in 1985, TIQ has been a singular force in the creation of bold, new trends in music for strings. Winner of two Grammy® Awards Turtle Island fuses the classical quartet esthetic with contemporary American musical styles that honor both.
Cellist Yo-Yo Ma has proclaimed TIQ to be “a unified voice that truly breaks new ground – authentic and passionate – a reflection of some of the most creative music-making today.”
“It must have been like this when Beethoven was taking Vienna by storm – the exhilaration of seeing the future of classical music unfold before your eyes and ears.”
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Wrote soundtracks for major motion pictures, TV, and radio:
• Today Show
• All Things Considered
• Prairie Home Companion
• Morning Edition
Feature articles in:
Collaborations with famed artists:
• Clarinetist Paquito D’Rivera
• Vibraphonist Stefon Harris
• Leo Kottke
• Assad brothers
• The Manhattan Transfer
• Ramsey Lewis
• Parsons Dance Company
Recently appeared at Yoshi’s Jazz Club in San Francisco
TIQ is David Balakrishnan, violin, Mark Summer, cello, Mads Tolling, violin, Jeremy Kittel, viola.
Hear them for yourself at: